The Benefits Of Hiring A Man And Van When You Are A Student Moving For University
Are you a university student moving to the dorms or any other type of student housing? If so, you probably already realise just how stressful and overwhelming the entire student moving process can be. Fortunately, though, there are many things you can do to make everything as quick and easy as possible.
You may, for example, hire someone who can help you out with your student moving needs. In this case, you may want to hire a man with a van to help you out with the transportation of the items you wish to take from your home to the student accommodation of your choice. Here’s Every Service You Can Expect From A Man and Van Company.
To help convince you of this fact, we’ve come up with a list of reasons why exactly it is beneficial. Here’s a full list of the Pros and Cons of Hiring A Man With A Van. Moreover, you will find a guide on the cost of student movers and some tips you may find helpful during your search for the best man and van company for student removals.
Need help choosing a man and van? Check out these tips.
What Are The Benefits of Hiring Man and Van Moving Services When Moving To Student Accommodations?
Moving House Will Be Easy And Straightforward
The first and most obvious benefit is that the stress of moving house will be taken care of. As you are a student, you may not have much experience with removals – which means it can become quite overwhelming when trying to pack up everything on your own!
Luckily, this isn’t an issue since skilled professionals (i.e. man and van movers) will come in to help you move your belongings from one point to another. This way, you will be able to focus more of your energy on studying and preparing for the upcoming year.
Your Belongings Will Be Safe And Secure
This is another obvious benefit of hiring a man with a van to help you move. You will be able to rely on the fact that your belongings will be safeguarded, and nothing bad can happen in transit or when they arrive at their destination!
Because you are entrusting your belongings to experienced professionals, you will have the peace of mind that they will be in good hands and nothing wrong can happen.
Moreover, because you know your items are in good hands, you can spend the journey making the most out of your time with your loved one.
A Man With A Van Can Take You To Wherever You Need To Go
This is another significant benefit of hiring a person with transportation, as they will be able to take you wherever you need to go. It doesn’t matter if you’re going from one student accommodation wing or dormitory to the other – all that matters is that your man with a van can transport you there!
Do know that such service providers still have their limits, though. For example, a one man and van company may not be able to help you out if you’re going cross-country, while another may just be able to.
So, make sure to inquire about this before you hire someone to help you move!
You Can Also Enlist Their Help In Packing Up Your Belongings
This is another benefit of hiring a man and van to help you move into student halls that you may not have thought about. Many people only think of man and van movers as professionals who will help them move their belongings to the new home, but many don’t realise that they also offer packing services!
In this way, you will leave all the heavy work up to the professionals and just concentrate on the transition itself.
Planning on doing all the packing yourself? Read this.
It’s The Easiest Way To Save Time
One of the most significant benefits you will get from hiring a man with van is that it’s one of the easiest ways to save time. If you’re on your own, packing and unpacking can take hours – which means more time spent at home before finally arriving at university!
However, with the help of a professional moving company, you will be able to spend more time doing what matters – such as getting prepared and adjusting to your new living quarters.
Moving house on a time-crunch? Here are Tips For Last Minute Moves
A Man And Van Is Cost-Efficient
For any student, movers cost a fortune that they do not have. Fortunately, another great benefit you get is that man and van movers are cost-efficient. You see, hiring a professional to help with the move will give you peace of mind in terms of taking care of the stressful aspects – which means it’s worth every penny!
Plus, when all else fails, such services can be quite a bargain compared to how much it would cost you if you were to do this on your own. After all, making the move on your own would mean that you would have to pay for the truck, gas, insurance and everything else. You’ll also be handling your belongings yourself, which means there will be a higher risk of breaking or damaging them.
Consequently, it’s worth paying a little bit more not to have to deal with all of this hassle!
How Much Do Student Moving Services Cost?
While the services of most man and van companies are similar to one another, the prices will vary depending on how much they are needed. For example, if you’re just hiring a man and van to help move from one student accommodation wing or dormitory to another (also known as residential moves), then it’s going to be cheaper than if you were moving cross-country for university!
Other factors that would affect this would be the area they are located in, how much stuff you plan on moving, the services you avail, the difficulty of your move (i.e., having to carry heavy items down the stairs, manoeuvring through narrow hallways, etc.), and the actual date of your move.
If you’re on a tight budget, then it’s worth looking into the student removals services with the most affordable rates while also looking for the one that can serve you best.
Here are some tips on how to save money when hiring a man and van.
Man and Van Hiring Tips For Student Movers
If you’ve been convinced to hire a man and van for your big move to university, here are some tips that you may just find helpful:
- When choosing a man with a van for the job, do not settle on the first service provider you talk to. Instead, ask for their credentials, previous experiences and reviews before you make your decision. It will also be helpful to compare and get an instant quote online from websites like WhatManAndVan, as they will make sure to help you find the most affordable rates student movers offer.
- Make sure to ask the company about all of the services they offer as well – such as packing or unpacking items if that’s what you’re looking for. In this way, you can avoid hiring two different companies while also saving time and money!
- If possible, check out the company’s reviews on social media. This way, you can get a closer look at what people have to say!
- Consult your building manager, dorm advisor, or landlord about the best man and van companies they may be able to recommend. That way, you can avoid wasting time by having to do all the research yourself.
- If you do not plan on availing of your man and van’s packing services, make sure to pack your belongings in high-quality packing materials. The last thing you want, after all, is your boxes giving out under the weight of your items.
- Ask your mover about any fees they charge for items that are too heavy or bulky. This way, you can prepare and avoid disappointment later on!
- Most importantly: be sure to book your man with a van at least six weeks in advance – preferably even earlier than that if the move is during an upcoming semester break.
- Remember that you can hire a man and van two ways. Aside from hiring it when you move into student living, you may also hire it when you need to move your belongings back home for the summer.
Ready To Hire A Man And Van For Your Student Removals Needs?
So, are you ready to hire a man with a van for all your belongings and all your student removals needs? If so, do remember to check out What Man and Van’s list of partner service providers in your area! Meanwhile, if you need more moving tips, check out the What Man and Van blog!